On September 18, 2017, the National Hydrocarbons Commission (“CNH”) published, the call for bidding procedure CNH-A5-NOBILIS-MAXIMINO-C4-2017, which purpose is the selection of partner so the State Owned Productive Company, PEMEX Exploration and Production, may jointly exploit with a partner, the block described below.
|Name||Location||Prospective Resources(million barrels)||Property of resources|
|Nobilis-Maximino||Mexican Gulf||627.0||light oil|
Bidding guidelines for the above referred bidding procedures, as well as their model contracts, are already published in CNH official website.
|Final bidding calendar||December 20, 2017|
|Period to request access to virtual data room||September 18, 2017 – November 03, 2017|
|Access to virtual data room||September 18, 2017 – January 30, 2018|
|First clarification stage||September 18, 2017 – October 23, 2017|
|Second clarification stage||September 18, 2017 – October 23, 2017|
|Third clarification stage||September 18, 2017 – December 14, 2017|
|Inscription payment and prequalification appointment||September 18, 2017 – November 03, 2017|
|Reception of prequalification documents||November 06, 2017 – November 10, 2017|
|Review of prequalification documents||November 13, 2017 – December 15, 2017|
|Prequalified companies’ publication||December 20, 2017|
|Period to request CNH authorization to conform bidders||January 11, 2018 – January 12, 2018|
|Filing of proposals||January 31, 2018|
Bidding Guidelines Specifications / Model Contract:
- To participate, an information license use will be required for an amount equal or greater to $3,700,000.00 (three million seven hundred thousand pesos).
- Experience as operator in at least 1 project for ultra-deep waters with depths of at least 1,500 meters during the last 10 years must be proved.
- Production in deep waters or ultra-deep waters with an annual average greater or equal to 50,000 barrels of crude equivalent oil between 2012 – 2016 must also be proven.
- Experience in industrial safety matters and environmental protection during the past 5 years must be proven, as well as experience in the implementation and operation of management systems, industrial safety and environmental protection in exploration and extraction projects.
- Sufficient capital: (i) countable capital of at least USD 5,000 billion; (ii) assets with a value of at least USD 25 million and a credit investment degree.
- Capital investments in exploration and/or extraction projects of at least USD 2,000 billion.
- For Non-Operators. Countable capital of at least USD 250 million.
Model contract to be implemented is license contract.
The lawyers in Energy, Mines and Infrastructure of the Office, are available for any questions or comments.
Juan Carlos Serra
Jorge Eduardo Escobedo Montaño
Jorge Garay Lebrija
Mexico City, October 2nd, 2017