Our firm offers consulting and litigation services in all aspects of copyright and related rights. We also provide high-level advice on copyright issues such as infringement, exhaustion of rights and royalty payments. We are aware of the challenges presented by the digital environment and assist both creators and users of copyrighted content on a daily basis in enforcing their rights with respect to technological protection measures, digital rights management, digital platforms and their policies, liability exclusions and other online issues.
Some of the services we provide in this field are:
- Register works and related contracts with the National Copyright Institute and strategy and management to obtain the best protection.
- Obtain and preserve exclusive rights to related genres such as newspaper titles, television programs, fictional or symbolic characters, artistic groups and advertising campaigns.
- Plan, prepare and review all types of contracts related to copyrights or related rights, such as assignments and licenses concerning digital platforms, entertainment, advertising, social media, celebrity endorsements, etc.
- Advice on complex copyright and related rights issues such as determining copyright ownership, liability of internet service providers, use of copyrighted materials in advertising, technological protection measures, communication of works on websites and digital platforms, etc.
- Negotiate with authors, rights holders and collecting societies and deal with any claims related to royalty payments.
- Litigation and alternative means of dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration and removal of online content.