The recent development of the Mexican economy has created the need for Mexican companies to raise funds from different sources, which has resulted in the development of the Mexican financial system and has made Mexico an attractive destination for the placement of foreign funds by foreign financial institutions and private investment funds. Basham, Ringe y Correa has extensive experience and offers diverse services in the financial, banking and securities sectors to domestic and foreign financial institutions, public and private companies and private investment funds.
The Financial and Banking area offers the following services, among others:
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting loans and other financial transactions, including venture capital and leasing.
- Creation of guarantees such as mortgages, pledges and guaranty trusts, as well as the creation of personal guarantees.
- Corporate, real estate and financial audits of local borrowers in connection with financing and guarantees.
- Syndicated loans.
- Local and foreign loans and financing.
- Debt restructuring.
- Sales in installments or on credit and with reservation of title.
- Organization, legal auditing and compliance with regulations by financial entities, including banks, investment companies, multiple purpose financial companies (SOFOMES), stockbrokers, insurance companies, surety companies and Mexican subsidiaries of foreign financial institutions.
- Registration of banks, financial institutions, insurance and reinsurance companies and their representative offices/branches.
- Investment and financing by private investment funds.
- Initial public and private offerings.
- Compliance and corporate governance by public issuers.
- Registration with the National Securities Registry and the International Quotations System.
- Issuance of shares, debentures, bonds and commercial paper.
- Portfolio securitization, asset-backed securities and structured loans.
- Financing projects.
- Legal risk audits of banks and other financial institutions.
Basham, Ringe y Correa, S.C. has been selected as the sole representative in Mexico of the International Associations of Lex Mundi, World Services Group (WSG), Club de Abogados, Ius Laboris and ICC Fraudnet.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Basham has received the following awards:
- "Who's Who Legal Award" as the Mexican law firm of the year from 2007 to 2014.
- "Client Choice Award" granted by International Law Office in 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2011.
- "Client Service Award" granted by Chambers Latin America in 2014.
- "Gold Award" as the "Best Mexican Firm" in 2010 and 2012 and "Silver Award" granted by International Legal Alliance Summit in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014.
- "Mexico Tax Disputes Firm of the Year" awarded by International Tax Review in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- "Best Tax Firm" in Mexico awarded by World Finance magazine in 2013.
- "Trademark IP Firm of the Year Award for Mexico" granted by Managing Intellectual Property in 2012.
Basham has been distinguished as a leading firm in pro bono work, receiving the "Pro Bono Leading Light" recognition in 2012 and 2013 by Latin Lawyer magazine.
The firm has also been included as one of the "places where everyone wants to work" in the "Súper Empresas 2012" and "Súper Empresas 2013" rankings of Expansión magazine and its lawyers have received international recognition in various publications such as Chambers Latin America, Chambers Global, Who's Who Legal, Latin America's Leading Lawyer for Business, Best Lawyers, The Legal 500 and IFLR 1000.