We basically attend matters related to business situations, supported by professional investigators and specialized examiners in various sciences. Consequently, we benefit from broad experience in combating crimes of patrimony, of industrial and intellectual property, as well as the defense against crimes related to the environment and when companies are threatened by extortionists.
WITHIN OUR DIFFERENT SERVICES WE UNDERTAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Attention of cases of corruption, complying with foreign and domestic laws.
- Preparation and attention to all classes of denunciations, complaints, and criminal trials for actions that affect companies, their officers, and the relations between them and third parties.
- Support and consulting in the defense of employees and companies in the step of preliminary investigation and criminal trials at the local and federal level.
- Legal auditing for businesses with the purpose of preventing the commission of illicit acts against them and providing information aimed at preventing the development of scenarios that may involve them or their officials in criminal conduct.
- Planning strategies to properly deal with periods of crisis in companies.
- Preparation and attention of constitutional proceedings (amparo) of a criminal nature, including aspects related to protection of personal and real property.
- Attention to criminal procedures, both federal and in local jurisdictions.
- Attention to extradition proceedings before competent administrative and judicial authorities.
SOME OF OUR ACHIEVEMENTS, OF WHICH WE ARE PROUD, ARE:
- We were the first law firm which obtained a conviction for forgery of pharmaceutical products in Mexico.
- We developed guidelines for the implementation of the General Ecological Balance and Environmental Protection Law (Ley General del Equilibrio Ecológico y la Protección al Ambiente), which led to amendments of the Law. In fact, our defense arguments in a criminal case were analyzed by a reputable university in Mexico.
- We set a binding precedent in a case heard by Mexico’s Supreme Court, which enhanced victims’ rights in the country.
- We brought the first criminal trial for violation of trade secrets in more than two decades.
- We have successfully represented hundreds of companies operating in the country, including those manufacturing consumer-products, pharmaceuticals, automotive and chemicals.
- We have obtained the release of persons unfairly convicted and sentenced to terms of more than one hundred years, for crimes they did not commit.
- We have pioneered legal advice in Mexico on the application of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act. In fact, we have the leadership in the design and implementation of policies of compliance (Criminal Compliance Program) such as programs intended to the prevention of crimes and criminal liability for companies.
- We have seriously undermined criminal conduct, due to the successful results that have represented millions of dollars for our clients, and also hundreds of persons have been imprisoned.
- We have significantly fought extortions at national level, claiming sums that in the aggregate have exceeded US$2 billion, including situations that, at the beginning, did not involve a specific amount. We do not hesitate in facing up illegal business using detention facilities.
- We are the representatives in Mexico of ICC Fraudnet, the largest organization in the world of lawyers seeking to recover illegally obtained funds, in addition of being, the Mexican law firm member of Lex Mundi, the largest network of independent law firms in the world.
- Our pro-bono work has been extensive and many organizations that everyday fight for a different country are silent witnesses of our work.
- In summary, we have successfully represented persons who unjustly suffer a criminal justice system, because they are either the accused ones or the victims.
Below are listed some of the clients attended by the Criminal Litigation and Counseling on Crime Prevention area of Basham, Ringe y Correa, S.C. since its foundation.
AAM Maquiladora - ABB - Accor - Adidas - ADT - AGA - AGCO - Alcon - AM DL MRO (Delta-Aeroméxico) - American Bar Association - Anderson's - Ansul - Aramark - Arizona - AT&T - Atlas Copco - Balteau - Bank of America - BASF - Baxter - Bayer - BDF (Nivea) - Beckman Instruments - Becton Dickinson - Belcorp - Berol - Bertelsmann - Bridgestone - British Petroleum - Campbell's - Canon - Carestream - Cartier - Cargill - Caterpillar - Cisco - Clorox - Continental - Convermex - Chanel - Coca Cola - Colgate - Converse - Cosbel (L'Oréal) - Costco - Crown Packaging - CYTEC - DART (Tupperware) - Diageo - Disney - Dupont - Eastman - EF Education - Electrolux - Eli Lilly - EMI - Enagas - Ericsson - Ernst & Young - Eurest - Faurecia - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal - Federal Eurest - Faurecia - Federal Express - Fiat Chrysler - Ford - Frugosa (Jumex) - GAP - General Electric - GIS - Glaxo - Goodyear - Guerlain - Haag Streit - Halliburton - Henkel - Herbalife - Hermés - Heuft -H.K. Porter - House Of Fuller - Iberdrola - Iberia - Iberia - IBM - INGRAM - Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Públicos - ITW Polymex - Janssen Cilag - J.C. Penney - JK Tornel - Johnson & Johnson - J. Walter Thompson - Kahlúa - Kodak - KPMG - Krauss Maffei - KUO (DESC) - Lacoste - Larousse - Letraset - Levi Strauss - Lexmark - LG - Louis Vuitton - Mallinkrodt - Marubeni - Mastercard - Mattel - McCann Erickson - McDonald's - MEAD - Médica Sur - Medtronic - Merck Sharp & Dohme - Mexalit - Mindshare - Minera Dolores - Moet Hennessy - Mondelez - Nalco - New York Life - Nissan - Noble - No Sabe Fallar - OHL - OTIS - Palacio de Hierro - Paris London - Peugeot - Pfizer - Pharmacia & Up Upgrade - Pfizer - Pharmacia & Upgrade - Pfizer - Pharmacia & Upgrade - Pfizer - Pharmacia & Upgrade Pfizer - Pharmacia & Upjohn - Pricewaterhousecoopers - Prosa - Quaker Oats - Reckitt Beckinser - Reebok -Remy Martin - Ricoh - RSA - Rubbermaid - Samsung - Sanrio (Hello Kitty) - Sanborns - Sancela (Saba) - Sandvik - Sanfer - Schering Plough - Searle - Searle - Pan American Protective Service - Shell - Solar Engines - Sony - Spartech - Sunbeam - Swank - Tec de Monterrey - Telcel - Tenaris Tamsa - Tetra Pak - The Swatch Group - Timken - Toyota - Trafigura - Unilever - U.S. Department of Justice - USG - Veritas - VF - Volkswagen - Warnaco - Warner Lambert - Wearever - Woolworth - WPP Group - Wyeth - Yahoo - YKK