Mexico City, April 25th, 2022.
- The General Conference of UNESCO proclaimed on 1995 that on April 23 of every year ‘World Book and CopyrightDay’ would be commemorated.
- Mexico is the country with the longest copyright term, covering the life of the author plus one hundred years.
- Our Federal Copyright Law was enacted 1996. In the year 2020, relevant amendments were introduced, which can be seen in detail here.
- Mexico recognizes and protects moral rights, which are inalienable, perpetual, non-renounceable and non-sequesterable.
- Copyright registration is not mandatory; however, it is recommendable to obtain proof of existence and ownership of a work.
- There are various mechanisms for protection, including registration before Mexican authorities, before International Organisms, agreements and contracts and through use of technological, electronic and digital means.
The copyright and entertainment area of our firm is at your service for any questions or comments on this matter.
S I N C E R E L Y,
Juan Carlos Hernández
Luis Alberto Gonsen