On March 23rd, 2020, the Head Office of Mexico City (“Jefatura de Gobierno de la Ciudad de México”) published in the Official Gazette (“Gaceta Oficial de la Ciudad de México”) of Mexico City, the Agreement by which the activities such as educational establishments and centers are temporarily suspended to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Mexico City, which entered into effect at the time of its publication and will remain in place until April 19, 2020 (hereinafter referred to as the «Agreement»).
The measures the Agreement order to be implemented are the following:
1. The following public and private establishments are ordered to temporarily suspend their activities:
- a) Commercial establishments with a neighbourhood impact and a zone impact: party halls, movie theatres, public theatres, bars, private clubs, casinos, nightclubs, clubs and their variables.
- b) Low-impact commercial establishments: public and steam baths, sports gyms, museums, zoos, electronic and/or video game entertainment centers, mechanics, electromechanics, bowling alleys and billiards. In addition, the list also includes Innovation, Freedom, Art, Education and Knowledge, Child Development Centers, DIF Centers in Mexico City, DIF Day Centers in Mexico City, Child Care and Development Centers and educational institutions at all levels in Mexico City.
2. Orders the suspension of religious activities of more than 50 (fifty) persons and calls for the temporary suspension of activities of less than the previously mentioned number
3. The Institute for Administrative Verification («INVEA») is instructed to take the necessary actions to guarantee the provisions of the Agreement.
4. Finally, INVEA will have the faculty to impose precautionary security measures and sanctions in case of violation of the content of the Agreement by applying the regulations of the respective subject matter.
The Administrative Law and Corporate Law practices will continue to monitor and inform of any new developments in this area.
S I N C E R E L Y
Daniel del Río
Juan Carlos Serra
Mexico City, March 25th, 2020.