The Commission on Hydraulic Resources, Potable Water and Sanitation of the Chamber of Deputies is organising various regional forums with the purpose of listening to diverse social sectors and, in time, propose a new statute in matters of national waters.
Up to this date, a total of 7 forums have been arranged, same in which discussions have taken place over topics such as:
- Sanitation and Water Quality, theHuman Right to Water and Ecological Flow
- Comprehensive Management of theWater in Karst Sites
- Efficiency and Functionality ofWater Operators,
- Harmonization of the NationalLegislation linked to the Water Sector to create a new National Waters Act andInternational Accords
- Water Infrastructure as EconomicSupport for the National Tourism Development, and
- Water Use for the Agricultural Sector.
Representatives of the National Water Commission, the Mining Chamber, the National Chamber of the Iron and Steel Industry, the Agricultural Council, the World Water Council, organizations and civil associations of the sector, specialists, etc., have been invited to said forums.
The next forums will take place in the States and dates indicated below:
|1.||July 19||Colima, Colima|
|2.||August 15||Chihuahua, Chihuahua|
|3.||August 16||Mexicali, Baja California|
|4.||August 26||Guanajuato, Guanajuato|
|5.||September 6||Torreón, Coahuila|
|6.||September 20||Puebla, Puebla|
|7.||September 27||Cosamaloapan, Veracruz|
|8.||October 4||Villa Hermosa, Tabasco|
|9.||October 16||Chamber of Deputies, Mexico City|
|10.||October 30||Jiutepec, Morelos|
|11.||November 22||Oaxaca, Oaxaca|
|12.||December 6||Morelia, Michoacán|
The Environmental Law Practise of the firm will be pleased to provide any additional information on the topic.
|Daniel del Riofirstname.lastname@example.org|
Mexico City, July 16th 2019.