In my professional practice I have had the opportunity to develop in different areas of law. However, for more than eleven years I have been focused on Intellectual Property matters from different positions.
Currently, as a partner in the firm, I participate in the development of strategies for the protection of intellectual property rights, specifically trademarks, as well as in audits derived from mergers and acquisitions of national and international companies. I also advise on the international registration of trademarks applied for based on the Madrid Protocol, as well as on the protection and registration of domain names and protection of copyrights, traditional knowledge and cultural expressions and industrial secrets.
In the Legal Affairs Division of the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property, my function consisted in the legal defense of said Institute before different authorities. Subsequently, in the International Relations area of the same Institute, I collaborated with the World Intellectual Property Organization to carry out different projects in conjunction with IMPI, including cooperation activities with the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center. I also served as Mexico's representative before various international forums and organizations in intellectual property matters, such as the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum (APEC) and the Intellectual Property Office of the European Union. I also participated in the review and negotiation processes of the intellectual property chapters of different international instruments such as the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP), the Pacific Alliance and the Mexico-Jordan Free Trade Agreement, among others.
Basham, Ringe & Correa
Partner. October 2022- Currently
Associate. July 2016- September 2022.
Mexican Institute of Industrial Property
Industrial Property Specialist.
Divisional Directorate of Legal Affairs
Legal Representation Divisional Branch and Protection Divisional Branch.
January 2011- January 2014
Industrial Property Specialist.
Divisional Direction of International Relations
International Negotiations and Legislation Divisional Subdirectorate
February 2014- July 2016.
Vera Abogados S.C. and Jiménez Aguirre Abogados S.C. (Corporate Law Firm)
June 2008 -February 2010
233rd Notary Office of the Federal District
June 2007 -May 2008
- Master in Intellectual Property Law. 2014 - 2016.
Universidad Anáhuac del Norte.
- Diploma in Legal Aspects Applicable to Foreign Trade. 2010-2011.
National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- Law Degree. 2006-2010.
National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Member of the Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AMPPI). President of the Committee of Geographical Indications and Appellations of Origin.
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Association Abogadas MX
- Collaborative study Osmose: Comparative Study on Intangible Cultural Heritage Law conducted by The Institute of Social Sciences on Politics of France / Latvian Academy of Culture with the support of the International Society for Research on Art and Cultural Heritage Law.
- Article published by AMPPI. Geographical Indications and Appellations of Origin What if we look to our neighbor to the south?
- Professor in the Master's Program in Intellectual Property at Universidad Anahuac Norte.
- Lecturer at the Seminar on Intellectual Property Mexican Institute of Industrial Property - Universidad Panamericana
- Speaker World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) panel "Experiences in the use of the Madrid System".
- Lecturer International Trademark Associaton-Chile. "Non-Traditional Brands: Latin American and European Experience".
- Lecturer International Trademark Associaton- "Non-Traditional Trademarks" for examiners in Paraguay.
- Mentor in the Network of Innovative Women of the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property.
- Speaker AMPPI International Event "Women in IP. Work done by WIPO and other actors on gender gap issues".
- AMPPI Speaker: "Commercial Image and Acquired Distinctiveness. How to take advantage of these forms of protection".
- Lecturer AMPPI-ANDA-Government of Jalisco: Context of cultural expressions in Mexico and its international perspective as part of the Forum Artificers of Change: women in innovation and creativity.
- Moderator AMPPI- "Geographical Indications: The International point of view in the light of the Geneva Act".
- Moderator AMPPI- "Geographical Indications and NOM-051, the vision of the food industry".
- Speaker IMPI- "If you want to sell on the Internet, you must protect your brand".