The vertiginous advance of information technologies represents significant advantages for economic development, information exchange (including personal data), improvements in the quality of life, as well as in administrative, social and cultural activities. However, the inappropriate use of such technologies can result in significant economic losses, serious risks to the security of individuals, threats to privacy and violations of the right to informational self-determination.
The privacy and data protection area of Basham, Ringe y Correa, S.C., arises from the recognition of the protection of personal data as a fundamental right and the constitutional obligation to protect it, as well as the need to protect one of the most important assets of a company such as its information.
The area is integrated by lawyers specialized in the area, who provide advice to our clients with the objective of achieving a balance between the adequate protection of personal data and the optimal development of their activities. Basham, Ringe y Correa, S.C., has the necessary infrastructure to offer you high quality legal advice in a timely manner.
Some of our legal services consist of:
- Advice and guidance in relation to compliance with data protection legislation, including its interaction with various areas, such as: labor, social security, financial law, health and consumer protection, among others.
- Advice regarding the identification of internal processes and proper administration of personal data.
- Drafting and implementation of privacy policies.
- Drafting and implementation of privacy notices in accordance with personal data legislation.
- Elaboration of information flow diagrams, in order to provide adequate and timely privacy notices to employees, suppliers, customers, among others.
- Advice and guidance in the administration and response to requests for rights of holders (right of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition).
- Data protection litigation before the different administrative and judicial instances.
- Advice and guidance in the implementation and drafting of codes of conduct and best practices.
- Recommendations regarding security measures, cancellation and retention of personal data.
- Advice on national and international transfer of personal data.
- Advice regarding the use of tracking technologies (cookies) and other technologies.