Mexico City, August 31, 2023.
Basham, Ringe y Correa, a Mexican legal firm, with comprehensive services, leader in the country and Latin America, strengthens its Intellectual Property area, with the incorporation of Mariana González, MBA.
In this regard, Eduardo Kleinberg, Managing Partner of the firm, commented: »One of the key elements for the consolidation of Basham through its 110-year history has always been to have the most outstanding talent in the sector, since this allows us to provide our clients with world-class advice, with a local focus. We are very happy for Mariana González incorporation as a partner, and we wish her the best of success.
Mariana González studied Chemistry and Law at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), graduating with honors. She has a master’s degree in Senior Management from the UNAM and, since 2019, is a Certified Licensing Professional®. She has focused her practice on technology protection, technical-legal analysis, patent litigation, knowledge management, activities related to technology transfer, and regulatory issues.
In the area of chemistry, González has professional experience in research, including a research stay at The Ohio State University (USA), in characterization of DNA bases with ultrafast laser spectroscopy and has been a teacher at the upper secondary level.
Mariana González actively participates in various associations, such as:
- The Patent Committee of the Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AMPPI).
- She is Secretary in the Council of the Mexican chapter of Licensing Executives Society International (LESI).
- She also serves as Latin American Representative in the Women in IP Committee of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA).
- And she is the Representative of Mexico in the Biotechnology and Commercialization of Intellectual Property Committees in the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), among others.
She has also received numerous recognitions and awards, including:
- Leaders League – Leader in Patent pending (since 2023).
- IAM Patent 1000 – Recommended Individual Prosecution (since 2021).
- Best Lawyers – Information Technology Law, Intellectual Property Law & Life Sciences Practice (since 2021).
- Chambers Latin America since 2023.
Mariana González joins Basham’s 34 current partners, driving the firm’s growth and strengthening its ability to provide first-class comprehensive legal solutions to its clients, in Mexico and abroad.
Basham congratulates Mariana González and gives her the warmest welcome to the team.